10 questions to ask the person who interviewed you.
- Can you tell me how you got to this position?
- What do you like most about what you do?
- What would you change if you could?
- What are similar types of jobs that exist where you work and in the industry in general?
- What are some of the biggest challenges facing your company and your industry today?
- Are there any professional or trade associations I should connect with?
- What do you read — in print and online — to keep up with developments in your field?
- How do you see your industry changing in the next 10 years?
- What’s a typical day like for you?
- Who can you think of that I should pester next?
After the interview, make sure to follow up. If you said you’d send an article, contact someone or do something, make sure to do what you said you would. If you want to continue the relationship, figure out how to stay in touch. If there was no chemistry, move on.